Saturday, August 22, 2009

Self Expression

So Gus, as you know, is big into dress up and playing pretend and telling us about the exploits of his imaginary friends. He is also pretty specific and expressive about dressing for the day. I try to take pictures of him in some of the more fabulous outfits, so I can show his friends one day, but it's like he knows what I am trying to do and will lay himself on the ground in bizarre configurations so that one day, in my dotage, I am sure to have no idea why I took these pictures. I hope Blogger's server lasts forever.

This first example of what I am talking about is a vintage circa late 70s Superman shirt that our friend Tina found for us, striped pants (which I think were actually Tina's daughter's at some point, come to think of it), and his infamous "sparkle"shoes, which I have hidden, now, because they are too small and if he sees them he will fight to wear them and cry when he can't cram his big feets into them.

This second example is a clearance Target Star Wars shirt that he calls the 'star rainbow' shirt, pants with apples on them, and red sandals (which are also in hiding after being a much-loved hand-me-down from his friend Maud).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another reason we need to live closer! Cooper couldn't care less what he's wearing. Occasionally, he expresses a preference for orange, but otherwise, doesn't much pay attention...

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage T's. I got Christopher that same Star Wars shirt but in grey , a Run DMC in black, and a Marvel Superheroes in brown all vintage and all, as you mentioned, on clearance. We love clearance in the Kane house.