Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meet Naan and Chicken Joe

We all know Gus loves animals and aquariums, but it was only recently that he started asking for a pet of his own. One weekend, he very seriously asked for either "a yellow cat or little fish in a tank." After a family meeting, we took a trip to the pet store and came home with two betta fish. Gus set up their tank almost entirely on his own, and named his new buddies (entirely on his own, and who knows where he got these names) "Naan and Chicken Joe." He takes excellent care of them, and often reads to them, "holding their fins through the tank, like this, because they can't come out."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply can.not.wait. for Cooper to start naming things. What a great peek into their sweet little minds, eh? I love Naan and Chicken Joe! Perfect!

Karen said...

What fantastic names! And it is SO sweet that Gus reads to his new scaly friends and holds their fins through the tank. I'm getting kinda choked up at the thought. What a precious little sweetheart he is!