Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still Here!

So the late spring, early summeryness around here has been busy. Gus is now a disc golf addict along with his father, and they have been teeing off at the local course nearly everyday, but without a camera-- this will be remedied soon. Also, daily baby pool shenanigans, and we need to get a few snaps of Gus on his first "big kid" rides. He is suddenly tall enough for rides at the carnival part of the zoo, and one day, when mama wasn't there, Papa took Gus on the scrambler, the tea cups, and the flying elephant. I think that other kids as tall as Gus are not as young, but Gus apparently isn't telling. We're going through sunscreen like mamas go through coffee, and the camera's getting forgotten at the bottom of the mom purse. BUT, here's a quick snap on the way to disc golf and river hiking, to tide you over.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I hear that they can install fairly high-quality surveillance cameras into sunglasses or belt buckles these days, so maybe that's an option? Seriously, though. More Gus pictures, please.

Also, I have to ask, what's going on with the shoe? :D

The Hudson-Vadnais' said...

Ok, so the sparkle shoes.

Target "conveniently" puts it's clearance items on end-cap shelves and low shelves throughout the store. We were in the shoe section getting laces and he discovered this pair of glitter shoes and fell instantly, deeply, in love. I was willing to pay the 3.99 to avoid a meltdown. So, when he is going somewhere he can't wear them (and oh, he wears them everywhere), like to muddy/forest-y places he takes them with to hold and admire them.

pinky pinkerson said...

that might be the most fabulous thing I've ever read. I LOVE GUS.

Unknown said...

Gus is a smart kid...everyone knows sparkly shoes possess magical powers!