Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Artistic Endeavors
Gus does love to paint and draw, and we do a lot of that around here. He also is big into what I think preschool-type teachers would call "sensory experiences" and mothers call "incredibly huge messes," but luckily for Gus, his mother is a casual housekeeper, at best, and a few sensory experiences around the house merely blend in (he also hates wearing shoes and is constantly removing them, but adorably calls bare feet "plain feet." As in "mama's wearing socks and Gus has plain feet"). In these couple of photos, Gus started painting, but then began to investigate other expressions of the medium by painting all over himself. Perhaps I should have intervened at the first few brushstrokes to the head, but it was way more fun to see how far he would go. The "after" photo is after the resulting and necessary bath (the water changed a very pretty shade of lavender) and also after his request that I use the blowdrier on his hair.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I *love* it! Those pictures are priceless! And nice color palate, too!
Thus began Gus's legendary Lavender Period.
I love these (especially his grin in the first picture)!
hee hee hee hee - Gus is continually fantastic :-)
Post a Comment