Monday, December 28, 2009

Exciting Holiday Mail!

Gus had a lot of brown paper packages this year from all you lovely folks. I give a little explanation above each picture, and if you're the gifter and want more pictures of him opening your gift, just email me. Also, Auntie Susan, I am so sorry but Matt was the one around when Gus opened your farm animals, so it went unrecorded. See how I just called out my husband like that one the internets?

These shirts are from Mary Ann, to celebrate Gus' March 2010 upcoming concert to see They Might Be Giants, who he adores. I told Gus they came from John and John themselves.

As much as trains, Gus loves the sea, and aquariums, and the water. Because Auntie Jessamyn is a wise and loving mama herself, she guessed he would love Jacques Cousteau, a friend of both of our families. Here is the Jacques hat she knit him, and there is also a book, which we have read 100,000 times. Gus likes to pretend the couch is the Calypso.

This is Gus with his train case from Grandpa Phil. He looks surprised because he thought he would never get one because I had already denied him this very thing at the toy store about a hundred times.

This is the box filled with peanuts that his Grammy Lu sent. It also had other stuff in it, but look A GIANT BOX OF PEANUTS! (he liked the building set to Grammy Lu)

Here he is, delighted, discovering a train engine sent by Grandpa Dennis. He opened it and proceeded to tell us EVERYTHING about this kind of engine.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Omigosh I love his sweetly crazed expression while sitting in the box of peanuts! He has gotten so big and handsome with his gorgeous eyes and indie-rock star hair. What a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

I like the burgundy 8 Mile stocking hat...seems like he's going to bust out some crazy rhymes!