Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stuff

Gus has a train/activity table for making complicated train track cities, creating elaborate animal habitats, doing big art projects, and building stuff (see below). I wouldn't have though I would recommend a big, awkward, adult-shin-height piece of furniture, but I have to say, it's been totally, incredibly, useful (they are always on craigslist for a song, that's where we scored his). However, one of his most absorbing things to do is to pile up the table with random "stuff" climb up on it, and inspect everything, move it around his body in different configurations, and tell stories and sing songs and "play pretend" to himself about what he's playing with. The world of make-believe has taken him on its trolly lately, with monsters, creatures, elaborate games, and not one but TWO imaginary friends, and I think this is how he works it all out.

No comments: